Senior Backend Developer (C#)
At Trafi, we believe that the ability to effortlessly move around cities is vital for humans to thrive. Cities are getting bigger and more chaotic. As a result, private transportation is becoming more of a pain. There are more alternative mobility options appearing than we as a citizens can possibly handle. We need to get back the control of how we move around cities. Wouldn’t it be great if all mobility options worked as one, giving every person the best way to get from where they are to where they need to be?
That is what we are after - building a fully integrated city mobility platform, where public transport, ride hailing, car, bike and scooter sharing services work as one.
We are seeking an exceptional Backend developer to help us build and improve Trafi's mobility platform. This goal involves a wide range of efforts - from constantly improving our core routing algorithms, to scaling our cloud infrastructure, to building totally new services such as Trafi Go.
At Trafi you will work in a fast-paced agile environment, so you should be the type of person who enjoys that. We think fast, learn fast and deliver fast, we get our hands dirty and enjoy solving new technical challenges that we face. You will have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility, so you can contribute with your own ideas, try out new technologies, and create real impact. At the same time, you will be surrounded by a team of some of the most brilliant engineers, who can provide stimulating feedback and help you learn and grow.
Some of the things our backend developers do:
- Write high-quality code in C#
- Build on the latest .NET Core stack
- Run .NET on Linux on container cluster
- Implement continuous integration and deployment
- Design distributed (micro)service architecture
- Work extensively with Amazon Web Services infrastructure
- Instrument and monitor your own code
- Employ Agile development practices, review other developers' code and get feedback on yours
- Optimize code to handle high load
- Solve high concurrency challenges with Akka.NET
- Handle large amounts of data (BigQuery, Vertica)
Check-out our tech stack here: https://stackshare.io/trafi/trafi
- 5+ years work experience with C# (or Java, Scala, Go)
- Experience with distributed service architecture is a plus
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to learn new concepts, tools and technologies
- Fluent English
- Brilliant team and dynamic startup atmosphere
- Building a product that matters
- Solving interesting challenges
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Stock option package
- Budget for training and conferences
- Gym membership
- Private health insurance